Connecting Nicollet County is now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 Leadership Program.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2016
Connecting people, creating awareness of resources and building leadership throughout Nicollet County.
What is the Need?
Complex challenges are impacting the communities in which we live. Addressing these challenges requires leaders equipped with new tools and resources for decision making and citizen action.
How the Program Works
Participants gather one day each month in the communities throughout the county. Each day includes leadership training, meeting with community leaders, and tours of businesses and facilities in that particular community. Participants will tour together, study together and dine together. Each day ends with reflection and discussion on application of the information learned.
Who Can Participate?
Each class is comprised of a maximum of 25 participants who either live or work in Nicollet County. Participants can be either current or emerging leaders who demonstrate an interest in the future of our county. Selected participants are notified in August.
What is the Cost?
Tuition is $450 which includes all training materials, meals and refreshments. (Note: actual cost for the nine-day program is over $1,100!) A limited number of scholarships are available for those who need assistance. Please indicate your need by checking the appropriate box on the application.
Why Should a Business Sponsor an Employee?
• Increase employee’s personal leadership, communication and team skills
• Provides understanding of the demographics, economics and opportunities in Nicollet County communities
• Improve visionary leadership and ability for “big picture” thinking
• Build professional networks and promote their respective business or organization
• Increase capacity to address critical issues and challenges
Participants Benefit By...
• Developing a base of leadership knowledge and skills including effective communication, facilitation and conflict management
• Gaining an in-depth understanding of your personal leadership style and how to work with others more effectively
• Building personal and professional networks with community leaders and organizations throughout the county
• Acquiring confidence and skills necessary to serve in leadership roles
2016-2017 Program Dates
September 8, 2016
Beginning the Journey
October 13, 2016
St. George / Klossner
Leadership through the Generations
November 10, 2016
Enhancing Community through Collective Leadership
December 8, 2016
Leading in a Multicultural World
January 12, 2017
Lafayette / Bernadotte
Leading though Conflict
February 9, 2017
Leadership for the Common Good
March 9, 2017
April 13, 2017
Norseland / New Sweden
The Changing World of Agriculture
May 11, 2017
Integrating Leadership & Celebrating the Journey
For More Information...
Please contact Sara Hewitt, Program Coordinator, at email@example.com or (507) 330-2942.