Please use the following checklist when planning your day.
- Location for morning gathering / leadership training (7:00am setup)
- Location for afternoon wrap-up (4:00-4:30pm). This is often the same place as the social.
- Identify location for social at the end of the day.
Tours & Speakers
- Arrange afternoon tours and speakers - industries, unique businesses, historical sites. Share session topic and objectives and ask speakers to relate their presentation and/or personal experiences to these concepts. Send a confirmation letter after speaking to individuals.
- Invite city official for morning welcome and brief talk about community – history, current demographics, future plans (Another option is to invite a city official, community leader or county commissioner from the district to join the group at lunch.)
- Arrange carpooling or bus transportation, if needed (Sponsors again appreciated!)
Food & Refreshments
- Arrange food: morning refreshments, midmorning break, noon lunch, and afternoon break (Keep in mind special dietary needs, if possible.) The CNC Board requests that you obtain sponsors and donations to cover at least 50% of session expenses. This will greatly assist with total budget revenues for the program.
- Seek donations for gift items or “goodie bags”.
- Contact local press for coverage during the day.
- A final agenda should be sent via email to email@example.com 14 days prior to the date.
- Include names of all speakers and donors so they can be recognized on the agenda.
Confirmation & Logistics
- Confirm logistics, tours, and speakers the week prior. Provide a draft agenda and review the main objectives speakers should address.
Invoices & Receipts
- Invoices or receipts for purchases should be clearly marked “Connecting Nicollet County” and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact Sara at email@example.com or by phone/text at 507-330-2942 with any other questions regarding logistics for the day.
- Follow up with thank you notes to all presenters and sponsors. Thank you note cards will be provided for you by CNC.