Connecting people, creating awareness of resources and building leadership throughout Nicollet County.
What is the Need?
Complex challenges are impacting the communities in which we live. Addressing these challenges requires leaders equipped with new tools and resources for decision making and citizen action.
How the Program Works
Participants gather one day each month in the communities throughout the county. Each day includes leadership training, meeting with community leaders, and tours of businesses and facilities in that particular community. Participants will tour together, study together and dine together. Each day ends with reflection and discussion on application of the information learned.
Who Can Participate?
Each class is comprised of a maximum of 25 participants who either live or work in Nicollet County. Participants can be either current or emerging leaders who demonstrate an interest in the future of our county. Selected participants are notified in July.
Participants must commit to attend 7 of the 9 sessions to participate in graduation.
What is the Cost?
Tuition is $450 for applications received before June 15th. After June 15th, tuition increases to $475. Tuition includes all training materials, meals and refreshments. (Note: actual cost for the nine-day program is over $1,100!) A limited number of scholarships are available for those who need assistance. Please indicate your need by checking the appropriate box on the application.
Why Should a Business Sponsor an Employee?
• Increase employee’s personal leadership, communication and team skills
• Provides understanding of the demographics, economics and opportunities in Nicollet County communities
• Improve visionary leadership and ability for “big picture” thinking
• Build professional networks and promote their respective business or organization
• Increase capacity to address critical issues and challenges
Participants Benefit By...
• Developing a base of leadership knowledge and skills including effective communication, facilitation and conflict management
• Gaining an in-depth understanding of your personal leadership style and how to work with others more effectively
• Building personal and professional networks with community leaders and organizations throughout the county
• Acquiring confidence and skills necessary to serve in leadership roles
2019-2020 Program Dates
September 12, 2019
Beginning the Journey
October 10, 2019
St. George / Klossner/ Lafayette/ Bernadotte
Leadership through the Generations
November 14, 2019
Enhancing Community through Collective Leadership
December 12, 2019
Leading in a Multicultural World
January 9, 2020
Leading though Conflict
February 13, 2020
Leadership for the Common Good
March 12, 2020
St. Peter - County Government Day
April 9, 2020
Norseland / New Sweden
The Changing World of Agriculture
May 14, 2020
Integrating Leadership & Celebrating the Journey
Download the 2019-2020 Leadership Program brochure for dates and topics.
Applications open April 15th. Apply online for the 2019-2020 Connecting Nicollet County Leadership Program.
Applications open April 15th. Download and print the 2019-2020 application.
For More Information...
Please contact the Program Coordinator at email@example.com.