Connecting Nicollet County is no longer accepting applications for the 2023-2024 cohort group. Please check back in the spring of 2024!
Connecting people, creating awareness of resources and building leadership throughout Nicollet County.
What is the Need?
Complex challenges are impacting the communities in which we live. Addressing these challenges requires leaders equipped with new tools and resources for decision making and citizen action.
How the Program Works
Participants gather one day each month in the communities throughout the county. Each day includes leadership training, meeting with community leaders, and tours of businesses and facilities in that particular community. Participants will tour together, study together and dine together. Each day ends with reflection and discussion on application of the information learned.
Who Can Participate?
Each class is comprised of a maximum of 25 participants who either live or work in Nicollet County. Participants can be either current or emerging leaders who demonstrate an interest in the future of our county. Selected participants are notified in July.
Participants must commit to attend 7 of the 9 sessions to participate in graduation.
What is the Cost?
Tuition is $350 for the 2023-2024 year. Tuition includes all training materials, meals and refreshments. (Note: actual cost for the nine-day program is over $1,100!).
Scholarships are available for those who need assistance.
Why Should a Business Sponsor an Employee?
• Increase employee’s personal leadership, communication and team skills
• Provides understanding of the demographics, economics and opportunities in Nicollet County communities
• Improve visionary leadership and ability for “big picture” thinking
• Build professional networks and promote their respective business or organization
• Increase capacity to address critical issues and challenges
Participants Benefit By...
• Developing a base of leadership knowledge and skills including effective communication, facilitation and conflict management
• Gaining an in-depth understanding of your personal leadership style and how to work with others more effectively
• Building personal and professional networks with community leaders and organizations throughout the county
• Acquiring confidence and skills necessary to serve in leadership roles
2024-2023 Program Dates
Each session includes leadership training to build the capacity of participants to:
Regional Day - Sibley County
October 17, 2023
County Day - Courtland/Lafayette
November 21, 2023
Regional Day - Brown County
County Day - North Mankato
January 16, 2024
Regional Online Learning Day with U of MN
February 20, 2024
Regional Day - Jackson Campus Center
Gustavus Adolphus College
March 19, 2024
County Day - Nicollet/Norseland/New Sweden
April 16, 2024
Regional Day - South Central Service Cooperative
May 21, 2024
County Day - St. Peter, Graduation